Seeing as I'll probably forget to make a commemorative post on the actual day, I'm doing it now just in case. Here is a round-up of the memorable parts of my year, things blogged and not-blogged:
1. I went to Egypt:
This was a mixture of experiences. The first time I'd been on a river cruise, the first holiday with my mum for 11 years, I got a horrible cold on the last few days, I got to go inside a pyramid......so yeah, definitely an interesting time for me.
2. I went to watch the wrestling at the O2.
I'd never been before and I nearly had no voice left the day after from shouting so much. It was hilarious and brilliant.
3. I saw the moment an unknown player trounced Rafael Nadal at Wimbledon (I'm in the background somewhere, I'm not telling you where though ;-)):
4. I started an Etsy shop - still to make my first sale but at least I'm on there.
5. I found out I have an underactive thyroid that's slowly getting bigger. Literally, a lump in my throat :-(
6. I went to Rome:
I love this city. I'd never been before and it was completely brilliant. I had to be pretty much dragged out of the Colosseum and I've never eaten so much ice cream in such a short time.
7. I went to an Olympic event, which I blogged about here.
8. I found Pinterest and promptly spent way too much time on it, as you can see from my boards.
9. I went to Greece:
Very beautiful island but unfortunately it rained for the first part of the week. When I say rain, I mean sky-exploding, end-of-the-world lightening storms with torrential rain and flooding. Fun. Luckily, it brightened up for the last few days.
10. And of course, I made some jewellery:
|Lapis lazuli and haematite earrings|